Dell Computer Parts

Tipps für alle, die ihre Immobilie verkaufen möchten

Dell Computer Parts

Beitragvon squareeater » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:46

My daughter just arrived in Buenos Aires. Her Dell computer lost a key on the keyboard. Is there a store in the city where she can purchase Dell parts? Thanks!
squareeater

Re: Dell Computer Parts

Beitragvon Ginnery » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:49

Dell does sell locally.... but I assume her machine was purchased in the USA so I would suggest calling the 800 number in the US, explaining the situation and having them tell you where she can go to in Buenos Aires to get assistance from an authorized Dell service agent.
Ginnery

Beitragvon flakesbicyclist » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:50

Did call Dell. They weren't extremely helpful. They said to call the Dell distributor in Argentina. maybe I'll try again with another agent.
flakesbicyclist

Beitragvon Ginnery » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:50

squareeater hat geschrieben:My daughter just arrived in Buenos Aires. Her Dell computer lost a key on the keyboard. Is there a store in the city where she can purchase Dell parts? Thanks!

Tell her to take the keyboard to Galeria Jardin on Florida 537, which has dozens of small businesses that sell and repair computers and peripherals. It may take her a while going from one place to another but someone should have the part she wants.
Ginnery

Beitragvon flakesbicyclist » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:51

Ginnery hat geschrieben:Dell does sell locally.... but I assume her machine was purchased in the USA so I would suggest calling the 800 number in the US, explaining the situation and having them tell you where she can go to in Buenos Aires to get assistance from an authorized Dell service agent.

This, I think, is European law, if it fails within 30 (28?) days of purchase you're entitled to refund or replacement, after that you have to let them make reasonable effort to repair before you can reject it as unfit for purpose and get a refund/replacement.

If you buy on a credit card then you get extra protection in the UK at least (and possibly further afield) as the card comapny has to accept a portion of liability (I had an unpleasant experience with tumble drier manufacturer who shall remain forever named as Hoover which was resolved by the card company in my favour)

EU law also gives you rights which to a large degree make 'extended warranty' a waste of money as your rights actually give you pretty much the same for free (excluding accidental damage of course).
flakesbicyclist

Beitragvon squareeater » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:52

That's missing quite a bit of information, how long from purchase date before the complaints were made, was he told it was to be replaced with a *new* phone, does Danish law state that a replacement like for like item has to be new or is it reasonable to replace with refurbished after some period of time?

It sounds more similar to 'allow the supplier to make reasonable efforts to repair before rejecting the goods' portion of the law, I.E. they made several complaints which Apple tried to resolve before throwing in the towel and rejecting the phone as unfit for purpose (something I'd say was the case even for a fully functioning iphone but that's a completely different argument)
squareeater

Beitragvon Ginnery » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:53

squareeater hat geschrieben:That's missing quite a bit of information, how long from purchase date before the complaints were made, was he told it was to be replaced with a *new* phone, does Danish law state that a replacement like for like item has to be new or is it reasonable to replace with refurbished after some period of time?

It sounds more similar to 'allow the supplier to make reasonable efforts to repair before rejecting the goods' portion of the law, I.E. they made several complaints which Apple tried to resolve before throwing in the towel and rejecting the phone as unfit for purpose (something I'd say was the case even for a fully functioning iphone but that's a completely different argument)

afair, he sent it in for repairs a year after he bought it

I think the law is roughly that if they fail to repair something under warranty they should have given him a brand new phone or a full refund
Ginnery

Beitragvon flakesbicyclist » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:54

To be honest, if Danish law doesn't allow for a refurb when something fails a year later, then the law is excessive IMHO. If it had failed after a month, yeah, give him a brand new one, but a year later?? :palm:
flakesbicyclist

Beitragvon Ginnery » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:54

visit our website for different kinds of dell parts. We will show you the same parts for different kind of laptop and computers. parts-dell.cc is the best online dealing company for dell replacement and parts.
Zuletzt geändert von Ginnery am Mi 5. Dez 2018, 09:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ginnery

Beitragvon squareeater » Di 4. Dez 2018, 10:55

My computer was brand new and never worked, dell wanted to give me a refurbished motherboard.
If I wanted a refurbished computer I would have bought one, they sell them at a discount on their own site. I feel that, by doing that, Dell admits that a refurbished computer is not worth as much as a new one. So i see no reason why i should accept a refurbished motherboard in a brand new computer that was dead on arrival.

Question : who would make a revision change on a PCB if it was not somehow needed or at least making it better ?

I will attach pictures of the broad that came with my computer and the older refurbished board that Dell wanted to give me as a replacement.
Notice that there are some shielding missing on the old refurbished motherboard.
squareeater

Nächste

Zurück zu Verkaufen